Mums chocolate delight cake
Yesterday was my birthday and I had such a lovely day, I went shopping with Bradley as I wanted to get a new outfit for our night out Saturday and Bradley said he needed to get some ingredients for a cake he wanted to make for me called Mums chocolate delight cake, so we had a fun afternoon shopping.
Bradley made me this beautiful cake and it had my two favorite ingredients, chocolate and strawberries.
2 tbs strawberry jam
1 punnet of strawberries
icing sugar to dust
ready made chocolate fudge icing
- Preheated the oven to 180 c
- Grease the cake tins, then line with grease proof paper
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl
- Add the eggs, caster sugar, butter, vanilla extract and baking powder
- mix with an electric hand whisk for a few minutes until well mixed
- Divide evenly between the two tins
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Leave to cool
Bradley then used 2 tbs of strawberry jam to spread over the bottom layer of the cake, half of punnet of strawberries chopped and laid them over the jam, then used the ready made chocolate fudge to put on top of the strawberries.
The most secret ingredient in this cake is lots of love.