St John Ambulance And The Chokeables
There is currently a campaign #thechokeables which is aimed at raising awareness with St John Ambulance and The Chokeables, around the risks of children choking and how to help a choking child. St John Ambulance believe that everyone should have the skill and also the confidence to know what to do in an emergency.
I am sure that all of us parents share the same fear of our child choking – St John Ambulance have found that over 40% have witnessed their child choke and when quizzed on their first aid it was found that almost four-fifths didn’t know what to do in this situation which is pretty scary.
Sir John Hurt
St. John’s ambulance are asking for us all to share the film online to all help each other to possibly learn how to save a life. In The Chokeables the celebrities take on the characters of animated objects that could potentially choke a child: a small princess toy, a pen lid, a jelly baby and a peanut. They’ve joined together because they’ve had enough and want to show how easy it is to save a choking child.
Do you have 40 seconds to learn how to save a choking child, this video could make a big difference.
As a small gift you now have the chance to win a first aid kit with St John Ambulance And The Chokeables.
To enter the competition all you have to do is fill out the rafflecopter below, the competition is open to UK residents only, you must be over 18 to enter. All entries will be checked and they must be valid at the end of the competition. Good luck to all that enter. Ends 14/10/2015
The first aid kit contains:
- First aid emergency booklet
- Washproof plasters pk10
- Number 16 eye pad first aid dressing – Sterile
- Disposable triangular bandage 90 x 90 x 130cm – Non sterile
- Medium first aid dressing 12 x 12 – Sterile
- HSE SJA Branded 18 x 18cm – Sterile
- Sterile cleansing wipe – Single
- Nitrile powder free gloves – Pair
- Eye wash phials 20ml – Single
- Face shield – Single
- Microporous tape 1.25cm x 10m – Single
- Burnshield burn blot sachet, 3.5ml – Single
- Green plastic splinter remover
***Posted to help raise awareness***