Surviving The Horrid Winter Months
Surviving winter can be done in many of ways, we find the winter months rather cosy. There is nothing better than snuggling up under a blanket or duvet with a lovely hot drink and watching films. This is one of our all time favourite things to do as a family during the winter on a wet rainy day.
Our favourite things to help keep us warm in winter are:
- Cosy winter socks – Keeping your feet warm helps to keep the rest of your body warm.
- Thermals – Extra warm layers will help to keep you feeling warm when out in the cold.
- Favourite blanket – We love to snuggle up with our favourite blankets and watch our favourite films, keep warm and relax.
- Hot chocolate – When coming in from the cold our favourite hot drink is a lovely hot chocolate.
- Hot water bottle – Helps to keep us warm whilst watching tv or even in bed whilst sleeping.
- Homemade soup – Our favourite lunch on a cold winters day.
- Electric heat – Such as electric radiator, fire or electric blanket for extra warmth.
- Winter boots – Nice warm boots to help keep our feet warm on a frosty day.
- DVDs – When it’s just too cold and wet to go out, snuggle up with a warm blanket, hot drink and watch a good film.
- Hot bubble bath – Relax in a lovely hot bubble bath…..bliss!
We are not fans of the cold weather but it is something that we all have to cope with. Having these favourite item to help us tackle these cold days makes it that bit more bearable to deal with. Lee works on our local market and braves the weather come wind, rain or sunshine, when surviving winter months he definitely makes sure he’s winter ready to brave the cold.
What helps you cope with the horrid cold days?
Curling up on the sofa under a warm blanket with a cup of hot chocolate. Bliss!
Christmas really cheers me up. Makes winter wonderful 🙂
oh I really dislike the cold weather I dont half feel the cold and you will always find me with the heating on full and in fleece pjs under a fleece blanket with a hot drink in my hand
For 3 months of the year my mummy is super glued to her hot water bottle (she’s actually cuddling one as we speak!) great suggestions x
Me and winter do not get along at all so I am always looking for better ways to survive it and keeping warm with hot chocolate is number 1
I never need an excuse for a hot bath, every day if I could justify the use of water x
I agree hot bubble baths do a great job of helping you with endless winters and cozy socks or a onesie is a must. I am sitting in mine right now!
I have a fleece lined onesie that I bring out when I’m really chilled to the bone. I don’t care about how it looks – it feels incredible!
I love this. I’m really not a fan of winter and try allsorts of tricks to get through the months without feeling down. Hot Chocolate, Homemade Soup and Fleecy Slippers! x
I really dislike winter because of the shorter days but normally enjoy the sunshine and frost which has been noticeably absent this year. I do love to warm up in front of a roaring fire
Great post and tips – I love the winter, but when it is cold and dry, not wet and windy! Kaz x
I love nothing better than snuggling up under my favourite blanket. Slippers also play a big part in making me happy at this time of year