For those of you who follow our blog you will know that one of our teens is mad about football. He plays in a local football team and also attends as many spurs games as he can…Yes, he’s a spurs fan along with his dad. We recently attended the Toy Fair at London Olympia, whilst there Ian got playing with a game called Super 11 and yes, we was then there for a while. We was amazed at the fantastic idea of this game. This game brings together both football and the strategy of chess.
The Super 11 game is the ultimate football strategy game, this game can be enjoyed by players aged 7+ and can be played by 2-6 players at one time.
How to play Super 11
- You simply roll the super 11 dice to determine your team colour and who is to kick off.
- You then set up your own unique team formation.
- Shuffle you’re defending and attacking cards and then place them face down in the stands.
- The players can be moved around the pitch in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal movement.
- You can make a player pass the ball, dribble with the ball, you can even move a player without the ball.
- You can even make your own exciting movement combinations such as moving out the pitch, pass in a straight line and even take a shot at goal if you dare when in the area.
- If you land on a super 11 square in your opponents half you will then have to pick up an attacking card as this will help give you an advantage over your opponent by giving a free kick, shot at goal or even allowing you to give one of their players a red or yellow card.
- When you’re close enough to move into the area and have enough of your turn left on the dice to put the ball in the back of the net, both players must roll the dice to decide whether or not the goal is saved or stands. The attacking player goes first, if they roll a S11 on the dice it is un-saveable but if not the defending player must roll a higher number to save the goal.
- Players can move all over the board by passing, dribbling and even moving to open positions to receive the ball, you can even try and break through your opponents defence by using a combination of these moves.
- You can’t go through a player or share another players square.
- You decide how you want the game to end, this can be via a certain time limit, by a number of goals or however you wish.
With our teen being mad about football he really enjoyed playing Super 11, he loved playing the role of a football manager and taking charge of his players. Is your house like ours when a football match is on the TV, do you have loads of shouting at the TV telling the players what they should have done? this is not just our teens, it’s Ian too. They have been enjoying putting their words into action with this fun family game. With Super 11 you will find that no two games will be the same, the game combines exciting elements of skill along with tactical thinking. This game brings the excitement of a real football match to your own home for all the family to enjoy together.
This game is also eco-friendly as there as there is not much throw away packaging with this game. The only packaging that is thrown is the plastic the box is wrapped in and the sheet of paper that the stickers are on. The rest of the of the packaging is used within the game, either to hold the pieces nicely/safely within the box after every use or to hold the attacking/defending cards, all pieces are easily stored back once removed.
What approach do you think you will take to ensure your team emerges victorious at the end of the game?
If this game looks like something you or your family would enjoy it can be purchased on amazon for £29.95
It reminds me a little of Subbuteo which my boys love playing so I know they would love this! They are footie mad! I love the fact it is NOT an electronic game!
the kids and myself would love this game looks good
I like you could play it without needing much space
That no two games are the same and the friendly Eco box
It is great that it is agame unlike any other.combining a strategic game like chess with a fanatical hobby makes an educational game attractive to all ages!
I love that it is perfect for my football mad soon! I love that it is a strategy game too!
It looks like a game my eldest would like as he is football mad at the moment
It looks a good game and doesn’t take to much space to play or store
The figures are neat it would be good if you had a choice of colours
my grandaughter loves football and i know she would love this!
it looks like good fun and my son who loves football will love it
this game looks great for a bonding experience between my daughter and I – she would love it!!
It reminds me a little of Subutteo it makes you think strategy
I think that my son would love to play this game with his Grandad, all they talk is football, football, football!!!!
It’s about time there was a decent game out there just for boys, combines strategy, luck, skill and tactics – just like real football.x
This looks like a great game and I love it when games have nice packaging to keep it safe for storage.
I like that it is a game that all 3 if my boys will be able to play, even though they are different ages
My brothers used to play these sort of games when we were little, I think my son would like it!
its a game my son would enjoy playing with members of the family.
The fact that it’s a combination of football and chess and it sounds like a game you have to think about your next move in order to win.
I think that my boys would love this as they love anything sports related
Great game to play with the whole family xxx
Looks like a great game that involves strategy
It looks a great game. It also doesn’t appear to take up much space to play or store it.
ilike that the whole family can take part
It looks like so much fun, something all the family could enjoy
It’s football and all football-related games and activities draw the children in like magnets. Well, in our house, anyway.
It’ s a game that my son would love – he’s football mad.
My son would like playing with his friends and great it doesn’t take up much room
FOOTBALL strategy WILL INVOLVE THE LESS ACTIVE OF US WHO ARE LESS NIMBLE
It sounds like a great game that my nephew would love. He is really into football.
It’s football! Bound to be a hit in our house!
Its sounds super fun and a fantastic idea of a game.
It’s a different game, but still football related. Be great inbetween games in the Euros in the summer. 🙂
I really like the fact you get the little figures as well as cards..etc and the strategy aspect – sounds just up our street 🙂
it sounds a brilliant game
The game looks great, takes me back to my childhood with my brother.
This game looks like so much fun. My boys would love it. Thank you so much for the chance.
It’s great fun Tammy.