10 Reasons why I’m #RockingMotherhood
10 reasons why I’m #RockingMotherhood is a post I have been tagged in by Hannah it is where I give 10 reasons I believe makes me rock motherhood. If I’m completely honest I am just winging it, but here goes….
These are my 10 reasons I think I’m #RockingMotherhood.
- Parenthood is oh so magical, you learn to run purely on cold coffee and very little sleep. With my boy’s now being teenagers I have this learnt to a T.
- In my years of being a mum I have learnt there isn’t a book that has all the answers in for being a perfect parent. I have had to learn along the way, yes making mistakes, accepting help, advice and also support. I may not have all the right answers but what I do have is three beautiful teenage boy’s that I love with all my heart and would do anything for. We make the perfect team.
- I have also learnt over the years Not to ask Google when I need to know something – silly me, why would I want to do that when I have teens who claim to know everything!!…I have raised my boy’s to be strong and confident in all they do.
- I am not just a mum I am also a cook, cleaner, referee, mum’s taxi, walking cash machine, cheerleader and so on but I wouldn’t want it any other way. My teens are not just my boy’s they are my world, my everything and most of all my best friends, no one or nothing comes close.
5. Meal planning is something I learnt fast, planning ahead and being as organised as we can be. Being a full-time working mum this is a must, especially if we want to eat at a reasonable hour. My slow cooker has become our family best friend as none of us like cooking when we get home of an evening.
6. I have managed to keep my kid’s safe and well. My first-aid training as come into action on more than one occasion….boy’s will be boy’s. I soon learnt the trick of when looking for them to look up high as I’ve more chance of finding them up in a tree than with their feet on the ground.
7. I get let out once in a while on good behavior…I even come back home on time too (get me).
8. I am learning a new skill, yes a new language called teen texts. Have you experienced it yet? some I figured out and some I own up to and admit I had to text back saying “can you re-send in a way I understand”. I mean if someone text you saying “HAND” what would you reply? or “HAK”? “IKR”? “JIC”? there are so many to learn but I’m getting there slowly.
9. I support and encourage my kid’s in all they choose to do. They may not always listen to me or make the right choice’s but we all learn by our mistakes and I am always here for them the best I can be.
10. I always have time for my boy’s, always have and always will. Making memories that will last a lifetime.
So these are my 10 reasons why I’m #RockingMotherhood, over to you now ladies.
Marie from Marie’s Beauties
Lucie from Our world and autism
Nikki from Keeping strong and moving forward
If you do decide to take part then the rules are:
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things that you believe makes you a good mother. (10 is just a guideline, it can be more or less).
- Tag 3-5 other bloggers to take part in the #RockingMotherhood tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add to your sidebar or blog post.
- You can also tag in your tweet @whitecamellias for her to have a read if you wish.