It is so easy to put off some of our home improvement projects, as let’s face it, some can be very expensive, let alone time-consuming!
It is so easy putting off changing our windows as this can be very expensive. But how do we know when that time has come where they are needing doing and can no longer be put aside anymore.
Here are five signs to look out for:
- Drafts: You will feel a draft, this could even be felt with your windows closed. If you are feeling a breeze from your windows when they are closed this could be down to a faulty seal or a number of other issues. This could cause problems with keeping the heat in and energy bills to rise.
- Condensation: If you notice that your windows are damp between layers of glass then this means you have damaged seals. The damaged seals are allowing moisture between your glass panes. Sadly once the seals have broken any insulating gas used to make the windows more energy efficient has then gone.
- Opening/closing difficulty: Windows that have not been installed properly tend to cause problems. Such as balancing and opening/closing. Windows that are generally old and rusting/rotten can cause the same issues. If your windows dont close properly or are not as secure as they once were then this could impact on the safety of your home.
- Noise levels: If your windows are not providing you with much protection from the noise levels outside then perhaps they are not sealing properly. Perhaps you dont have the correct window for the area you live in. If your living by a busy road then that extra protection from outside noise may be what is needed.
- Visible damage: If you can see damage to your window frames such as water damage, or they are soft to touch or chipped, then sadly they are beyond repair. Soft window frames indicate rot and water infiltration. Dampness can cause mould and health problems.
The importance of changing your windows
- Energy bills: Changing your windows can help massively with your monthly outgoings on your energy bills.
- Health: It can also help protect your health from dampness, cold and noise pollution.
- Home security: You can have the benefits of stronger glass and advanced locking systems to help protect you and your family.
Replacement windows should last for many years to come if you chose a company based on the quality of their products. Toughened glass suppliers based in the UK work closely with clients to help develop solutions to specific needs. Above all, their skills are driven by a passion for innovative technology in glass.