Surviving The Horrid Winter Months
Surviving winter can be done in many of ways, we find the winter months rather cosy. There is nothing better than snuggling up under a blanket or duvet with a lovely hot drink and watching films. This is one of our all time favourite things to do as a family during the winter on a wet rainy day.
Our favourite things to help keep us warm in winter are:
- Cosy winter socks – Keeping your feet warm helps to keep the rest of your body warm.
- Thermals – Extra warm layers will help to keep you feeling warm when out in the cold.
- Favourite blanket – We love to snuggle up with our favourite blankets and watch our favourite films, keep warm and relax.
- Hot chocolate – When coming in from the cold our favourite hot drink is a lovely hot chocolate.
- Hot water bottle – Helps to keep us warm whilst watching tv or even in bed whilst sleeping.
- Homemade soup – Our favourite lunch on a cold winters day.
- Electric heat – Such as electric radiator, fire or electric blanket for extra warmth.
- Winter boots – Nice warm boots to help keep our feet warm on a frosty day.
- DVDs – When it’s just too cold and wet to go out, snuggle up with a warm blanket, hot drink and watch a good film.
- Hot bubble bath – Relax in a lovely hot bubble bath…..bliss!
We are not fans of the cold weather but it is something that we all have to cope with. Having these favourite item to help us tackle these cold days makes it that bit more bearable to deal with. Lee works on our local market and braves the weather come wind, rain or sunshine, when surviving winter months he definitely makes sure he’s winter ready to brave the cold.
What helps you cope with the horrid cold days?