Things I Learnt This January
Wow, what a month I have had. I am seeing February in 1 stone and 0.5 lb lighter thanks to my new health kick! I am totally amazed and I am also still in shock.
I have learnt so much this time round from being a Slimming World member. I can’t quite put my finger on what is differenht this time – Perhaps it is where I am taking a different approach to it this time. And also remembering past mistakes.
A Few Of The Things I have Learnt And Will Remember Are:
- To take my time. A steady loss is better than no weight loss.
- I found that amoungst the clutter in the kitchen there is a spice rack that I actually LOVE!
- Meal planning is actually fun, saves money and really does help me to stay on plan and in control.
- To not be scared to introduce a new meal to our family menu. It is trial and error for a while but amazing new healthier foods will come from the trying them out.
- I found muscles that I didn’t even know existed…..Ouch! yes I need to learn how to warm up properly before exercising – Lesson learnt the hard way!
- Exercising can be fun. But even more comfortable and enjoyable when wearing the correct clothing. A clothes shop is needed I think.
- To take and check body measurements regularly and take note. I was amazed at how much I had actually lost off my bingo wings, chest, waist and top of my legs. What don’t show on the scales can show in measurements.
- That I don’t need a fancy gym membership to exercise. A home gym and the great outdoors can be just as good, if not better. All you need is an imagination and determination.
- Not to add too many changes in one go. Make healthy swaps gradually. Adjust to a new lifestyle slowly then it isn’t such a shock and is much more enjoyable.
- I have learnt to relax and enjoy my new lifestyle. I have learnt to not stress to much if I have a bad day as they do happen to everyone. I just tell myself now that tomorrow is a new day.
Opening up and chatting about my journey has also really helped me. I did feel embarrassed to start off with as I was previously a Slimming World member that lost just over 3 stone in weight. That loss soon went back on as my old habits came back. A lovely chat with family and friends really helped me and I am now ready and focused to turn that embarrasement into determination.
I have sat and wrote a list of where I went wrong last time. I have taken it all in and I shall remember them and learn from them.
We are now on a health kick and I don’t want to just lose weight – no way do I want to find it again or let it find me!
I want rid forever so it has to be a lifestyle change forever.