Who Doesn’t Like Cake
Bradley recently made us a lovely Lemon Drizzle cake, I must say it was amazing. Here is how he made it.
You will need:
For the cake
- 350g butter
- 350g caster sugar
- 350g self-raising flour
- Zest of two large lemons
- 4 medium eggs
- 50ml milk
For the butter cream:
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 100g butter
- Caster sugar
- Vanilla extract
For the drizzle
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Icing sugar
To make the cake mix you need to:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour and the zest, mix together.
- Using another bowl add the eggs, milk and then whisk together.
- Line the cake tins with grease-proof paper.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar.
- Add all the cake mix together and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Separate the mix between the two tins and bake for 30/40 minutes until the sponge has risen and cooked through.
- Leave the cake to cool off.
- Once the cakes are cool make the butter cream filling.
To make the butter cream filling you need to:
- Beat the butter together with the caster sugar.
- Add the juice of the lemon.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Spread over the cake and add the top to the cake.
To make the drizzle you need to:
- Add the juice of the lemon and icing sugar, mix together.
- Drizzle the mix over the top of the cake.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Then you simply enjoy.
Bradley made us this Lemon Drizzle cake to enjoy one evening, it tasted amazing and was a lovely homemade treat enjoyed by all. Bradley really enjoyed making this cake, he had great fun trying to bake something new, he loves baking and calling himself head chef in the kitchen.
You can find our other homemade recipes on the blog in our food section.